10.16.2012

gone to slumberland







since today was the 107th anniversary of winsor mccay's famous comic strip "little nemo",
i rewatched the 1992 animated film (seen only once, in a dentist's office, many moons ago)
although obviously the colors, circus vibes, and dreamworld imagery are all up my alley,
i'm not a huge fan of this film! it was vaguely terrifying and i didn't care for the characters
(except bonbon and the other pastel clown girls) but perhaps i'm bias in favor of studio ghibi
who created the clip above before they jumped ship. at least the screencaps are good! xo

7 comments:

  1. the comics are so so so great though! my school has a giant book of them thats literally 3 x 5 ft big, its the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! the comics are amazing which is why i was surprised that i wanted to turn it off the whole time i was watching this

      Delete
    2. but also that smoking clown thing was horrible and i hate it

      Delete
  2. I like the boomps! But I have to agree, not a huge fan of the movie. Circus vibes are always good though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. little nemo is legit my fav movie and when i was running cac i was writing an article about the comics during our dream theme but i never finished it. anyhow my dream was always for miyazaki to redo it because hello can you imagine? and apparently he was supposed to but never finished it because him and the person he was working with were having "artistic differences". anyhow, REWATCH THIS. i love this movie so much i'm literally considering naming my firstborn son "nemo". <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's not as scary when yr older either btw!!! but when i was a kid it was a bit dark for me, so, i can see that. maybe I'M biased because i rly liked this movie when i was young and didn't hear of the comics until later but, to each their own!!!

      Delete
  4. i watched this a lot when I was a kid. It was creepy but I liked it.

    ReplyDelete