9.02.2012

haunted hausu


i watched the 1977 japanese horror/fantasy film "house" (or the more commonly used title "hausu") for the first time yesterday and fell madly, stupidly, obsessively in love. i'm actually a little upset that i hadn't already seen this! it contains so many of my favorite things: spooky haunted houses, japanese schoolgirls, psychedelic nightmare scenes, dancing skeletons, unexpected musical numbers, etc. "hausu" follows seven impeccably dressed young girls with silly names (gorgeous, fantasy, sweet, mac, prof, melody, and kung fu. no, seriously) to an estranged aunt's crazy awesome and crazy evil abode.  here are some images i've gathered (mostly from tumblr and google) and a matching outfit. of course.








11 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to see this for ages waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god it looks amazing! i have to get my hands on this movie sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh i love hausu! definitely one of my favourites

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great, I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to see this! Wow, it looks great :B

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh where did you get the "school uniform" from the first photo? it's so pretty~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i got it on etsy! i bought it for my 21st birthday! unfortunately the shorts were not suited for my bootylicious and are currently in my "fix me" pile! xo

      Delete
  7. omg yes! i wrote my final critical film thesis on hausu in '10. so magical.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is great! i discovered hausu several years ago and have subjected many a friend to subsequent repeat viewings. such a huge aesthetic inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah I'm definitely going to watch this! it looks beyond amazing.

    p.s. yer sailor top is super cute! ^.^

    ReplyDelete